Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thankful Thursday (Times Three)...

Thursdays are when I post about three things that I am most thankful for that week. Here is my list for this Thankful Thursday (Times Three)...

1. Seeing my family for Christmas...

My parents have spoiled me rotten this year. Not only did they drive from Houston all the way to Jacksonville, Florida to see us for Thanksgiving, but they are making the trip AGAIN this weekend for Christmas. I will be doubly blessed on Christmas Eve, because my #1VBF and my sister will be here too. This is going to be one special Christmas for me :)

2. Scripture...

I have joined Angie Smith's Sundays group and have decided to memorize Psalm 139 this month. We have only memorized the first six verses, but it has really made me realize that God has a plan, He knows what will happen next, and that I should trust Him...He KNOWS!

3. Christmas Break...

There are many things that I have enjoyed about being in education for the past 13 years...teaching children, the relationships I've made with my co-workers, and HOLIDAY breaks :) Only two more days of school and I am off until January 5th!!!

What three things are you most thankful for this Thursday???

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi Lianna-
I came across your blog about a month ago and have been following you ever since. I hope you have a great holiday and tell your #1 VBF hi from me too. Oh and tell her...
Smile God Loves You! My kids know all about her, my high school days and that little phrase that was her favorite.I pray that your desire for a child will be fulfilled soon! God does answer prayers!!

Amanda Ledford said...

I just wanted to take a moment to tell you that I am thankful for you and all the bloggers that have been praying for me over the past week! You are amazing girls and I am so lucky to have found you!!!

Heather said...

Lianna,

I'm right there with you about being thankful for Christmas break. These kids are NUTS today! One more day with them & then two weeks of freedom. Yahoo! (That's the first thing I am thankful for!)

Secondly, having a garage to park my car in. We have been having terrible ice/sleet/freezing rain, etc. this week & I just remember having to always scrape my car windows & wait for the ice to melt. Not anymore! Love having that garage!

And lastly, my family. I am looking so forward to spending some time with my parents, sisters, nephew & nieces, cousins, etc. over the holidays. I just love this time of the year. There is something about all of the hustle & bustle leading up to Christmas & then just relaxing the week after. Can't wait to play board games, draw pictures, watch the kids play, etc.

And, I can't wait until tomorrow's last day of school. Hope you have a great & fast last day of school as well!

Kendra said...

I so need to print out Angie's post about that...I know I am behind, but I wanna join too!!

amy (metz) walker said...

Thinking of you today and every day, friend. The only good that I can see in this journey is that I feel like God has allowed this to join my hearts with women like you and Alyson (and others) because of these similar struggles. In that, I find some peace...

AW