Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Stockings Were Hung..

I just had to brag about an AWESOME teacher at my school, Kathy Keel. She is not only teaching our students how to sew, but she's also teaching them the true meaning of CHRISTmas.

Our students in the dance and theatre departments take a sewing class to help them learn how to make costumes. I observed Ms. Keel's class on Friday and was so excited to see that she was teaching them how to make stockings. But not just any stockings...let me explain.

Ms. Keel's daughter told her that for Christmas this year, she wanted to donate some items to a local hospital. Ms. Keel starting thinking about what items they could donate. She decided to have her classes make 50 fleece blankets to donate to the hospital. While her class was making the blankets, one of our parents donated swatches of material from her furniture store. Ms. Keel's wheels started spinning and came up with a WONDERFUL idea. She'd have the students create stockings out of the swatches and donate them all to the hospital. Check out these stockings...they are BEAUTIFUL!!


Ms. Keel and one of our students...

The swatches of material donated...


This was my favorite stocking...I LOVE IT!


More samples of the stockings....


Aren't these just the cutest stockings you've ever seen?

I am so proud of our students AND Ms. Keel. What a great example of the true meaning of CHRISTmas :)
And speaking of Christmas...if you haven't participated in my Christmas Door Tour, please visit the previous post and join in the fun!


4 comments:

Kim said...

What a wonderful idea! It is great to see that the students could be a part of something so great.

I also wanted to say that I absolutely love all of your Christmas decorations. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

i love the stocking idea! that was such a wonderful gift.

i don't think i know anyone by the name of House. we should definatly get together if you are every up this way:)

Faith said...

I love this! What a fabulous idea!

Unknown said...

Hey I exported my old IVF blog and put it on my new blog and deleted my old blog, so I wanted to let you know since it's on your list of blogs here.