Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Different Thankful Thursday (Times Three)...




Thankful Thursday is when I post about three things that I am MOST thankful for this week. As I begin typing out my three things, it makes me think about what I pray and thank God for every single day...


1. My husband


2. My family


3. My friends/My support group



I know it is a simple list, but these are the things (people) that I just can't live without and I know how blessed I am for having each and everyone of them in my life. I start off every single day reading a verse from my Bible, refect on it for the entire day, say thanks to Him for my list above, and then pray for all the women (and of course myself) that are on my P-List (Prayer List, thanks to Amy ). But this morning, I started wondering...do you think that God gets tired of hearing me pray about the same exact thing over and over? I know He knows the desires of my heart and the desires of all the other women out there dealing with infertility when we are asking for His gift of a beautiful little baby. Am I praying the right way? Am I asking for too much? Am I asking for the wrong thing?


I read this verse this morning...



Psalm 25:4-5~Show me the path where I should walk, O Lord; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.


And this verse goes on to say...



Psalm 25: 11-12~For the honor of Your name, O Lord, forgive my many, many sins. Who are those who fear the Lord? He will show them the path they should choose.



I could REALLY use that path, that guidance, that reassurance, that hope.



And as I close this Thankful Thursday (Times Three), I am even more THANKFUL knowing that when I ask, I shall receive, and more importantly, He will provide.





4 comments:

Kelly said...

I feel the same way sometimes. I feel like every prayer that I pray sounds exactly the same. Lately I have been praying that God will let me be still and hear Him. Which is a very difficult thing for me to do.

Unknown said...

lianna~you know that i feel that exact same way. and sometimes i feel as if i am loosing all the joy in my life. but clay and i have grown so much from this journey. and lately we have been praying for HIS guidance and understanding.

GOD's timing is perfect, and that is something i have to remind myself everyday. He will provide!!


praying for you daily!!

Mrs Anne said...

It is SO good to GIVE THANKS!

I LOVE the song on your blog... makes me smile every single time I hear it.

:) I'm thankful for your friendship.

xo

Kendra said...

I completely and totally understand what you mean Liana.
I loved the scripture you qouted. I always come back to "My people have not because they ask not."
You KNOW I ask, but I figure I am just gonna keep on asking until He lets me know I should change the directions of my prayers.
I am praying for you!!! THANK YOU for praying for me =-). It means SO much to me!