Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Nothing Confirmed, But Hopeful...

I can't thank you all enough for all the prayes and words of encouragement this past week. I honestly do not think I could have made it without them...I KNOW I couldn't have made it without them.

This surgery was so TOUGH on me physically and emotionally...more so than I ever imagined. Although my surgery was on Tuesday, I didn't feel back to normal until Monday...almost a week later. My abdomen was sore, I didn't have an appetite because of the nausea, and I just couldn't do ANYTHING!! I'm not sure which one of those three were worse. But having a combination of all three nearly did me in!!

I had my wound check appointment this morning and I think it went well. The reason I wrote think is because I still haven't talked or met with my doctor since my surgery. Because my husband was confused about the explanation the doctor gave him after my surgery about my fallopian tubes, I decided to call myself to get the feedback/results. A nurse called me back the following day and told me that she didn't see any problems in the notes that our doctor wrote after my surgery. I was elated!! Today, because it was only a wound check and because our doctor was in surgery, I met with a nurse. I asked her if she could look through my chart and let me know what the doctor did to my fallopian tubes and if she could explain what happened during my surgery. She explained to me that it looked as if I had two cysts on the OUTSIDE of my fallopians...one on each side. The doctor removed him and he did NOT note that this should be a concern. She also told me that the fibrial, the fringelike part  at the opening of the fallopian tubes, was repaired. I did some more research when I got home and discovered that the fibrials are what help to push the eggs along on their journey to the uterus. The more I read the more I was convinced that this problem has had nothing to do with our inablity to get pregnant yet. My menstrual cycle is on the TIGHTEST schedule...I know exactly what day I ovulate and I know the exact date for my period...to be honest, I am SO consistent that it's almost scary sometimes!! If my fibrials were causing the infertility problems, I don't think I would be ovulating, much less be on a regular monthly cycle.

BUT...like I said before, I still haven't spoken with the doctor yet.

I have a follow-up appointment scheduled for August 30 and during this appointment  the doctor will talk to me, in depth, about how my surgery went, what the pathology results are of my endometriosis, and what he recommends our next step should be.

Although none of these diagnoses have been confirmed by my doctor, I felt GREAT about my appointment today. I just have a peace about the surgery, confidence in our new doctor, and truly believe that our journey to becoming parents will finally become a reality.

So in a nutshell, nothing has been confirmed, but I am hopeful that soon, VERY soon, we will be parents.

11 comments:

Natalie said...

You and your hubby's miracle baby is right around the corner!

Heather said...

and I am praying for that VERY thing!!! Very soon you will be a mommy!!! Keep your head up sweetie!

-Heather

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you! For strength and caring doctors :) xo

waiting and wishing said...

Restored hope makes this journey a litle easier to bare day in a day out. Here is to success... SOON!

Fabiola said...

Lianna, I hope all goes well on your next appointment.

I know somedays are just HARD!!! I've been having a few hard days, but.... life goes on and we canno't loose hope.

My sister had the same kind of surgery you had and it took her a while to get over the sore abdomen and nausea too.

Have a wonderful week back at school ; )

Lori said...

I am praying that this was the answer to your infertility!! I cannot wait to hear the Dr.'s take on this. I will be praying!!

Megan said...

That's wonderful that there seems to have been nothing to really fret about from the surgery! I have confidence that you'll be a mommy, whenever that happens! =)

Lauren said...

I am so glad that this has given you hope and can’t wait for the day you share with us that you’re pregnant! Pray this gives you the answers you’ve been longing for. Love ya!!

Melissa said...

Thanks for the update. Slow progress but good progress!!

Lori said...

Praying that August 30 comes quickly and you will get confirmation and wonderful advancement toward parenthood!!!!!

Meredith said...

I'm so glad you feel good about things! I will continue to pray for you through this journey!

~Meredith