Saturday, August 14, 2010

It's Been One of Those Days...

Today was just one of those days. Let me explain...

The hubby left at around 8:00 a.m. to play golf with some friends. I promptly get up, take a shower, straighten the house, and make a list of errands to run. My errands consist of : Michael's, Home Depot, school, Mary Kay delivery, and school clothes shopping.

I am responsible for the kick-off presentation to our teachers for Preplanning and wanted to make sure our meeting room looked nice for the teachers' first day back to school. We have a red theme this year and I decided to stop by Michael's and get a variety of red themed scrapbooking paper to use for centerpieces. I also picked up red and white chinese take-out containers to use as holders for little plants on each table.

I was probably in Michael's all of 15 minutes when I realized there had been a downpour while I was shopping...which, in Florida, that means the temperature just shot up another 10 degrees and the humidity was unbearable!

I then head to Home Depot to pick up some $.99 plants to finish off my centerpieces. As I am walking in the parking lot, I slip on the wet pavement, and almost fell to the ground. Luckily, I didn't fall, but what I did do, was use my stomach muscles to catch myself...NOT good. On top of that, I stubbed my toe and broke my toenail. I feel the tears start to well-up, but I pull myself together, get the plants and start driving to my school.

I get to my school and made three trips from the car to the media center to unload all my supplies. By this time, I'm soaking wet with sweat and started to ask myself..."Self, why did you even bother taking a shower today?" Once inside, I realize the AC is NOT on at all!! Of course the AC is not on, the school district is trying to save every single penny it can, so they turn off the AC over the weekends.

So I proceed to set up my decorations...mind you, as FAST as I can so I can get back into my car WITH AC. After setting up about 12 tables, I realize that I don't have enough materials for all 17 tables!! Frustration is REALLY setting in at this point. I make do with what I have, pack up my things, and get back in my COOL car.

I poceed with my next errand, which is to stop by my church to drop off some Mary Kay that a friend purchased. Our church is located down a LONG road...a little bit out of the way. I pull my car up in the circle drive, walk up to the front door, and realize the doors are locked. Locked? Since when are our church doors locked??? I decided I'll just deliver the Mary Kay tomorrow, at church, instead.

I get back in the car and plan to get a few outfits for the new school year. I take one look in the mirror and literally LAUGH out loud at the site I see. My hair is dripping wet with sweat...so bad so, that I have little ringlets of hair dangling all around my face, pulled taut with a bead of sweat on the verge of dropping. Shopping??? NOT!!!

I turn my car around and head back home!

I stop and get the mail on my way in the house...I grumble at the realization that the hubby hasn't gotten the mail ALL week, by the looks of how full our mailbox was. I walk into the house and start thumbing through the mail. We have two large envelopes with The Knights written across the front so, of course, I open those first.

TWO birth announcements.

I hit rock bottom.

The hubby called me just at that moment to let me know that he and his friends were rained out at golf today and were headed to our house to go for a swim. I lost it even MORE...if that's possible.

The tears were falling, the head was pounding, and all I could think about was getting BACK in bed for the rest of the day.

Of course, right after I ate an ENTIRE Hershey's bar!

Shopping AND a pedicure are on my list of errands for tomorrow.

It's been one of those days :(

15 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh man.... just reading this, it made me just want to punch the day in its face for you!

Get on some comfy PJ's - get some yummy junk food & just relax the rest of the night...

HUGS!!!

Nink said...

Oh my! As I was reading that, I kept getting more tense and more tense, and then when I read about the birth announcements, I felt my heart sink for you. Out of all the days to receive such news, it has to be on such a horrible day already. :( Birth announcements aren't easy to take in, but especially when having already gone through the day you've had. I'm really glad to see that you're up and about, though, after your surgery. :) Hang in there! Praying for you and good luck with your upcoming school year!

Heather said...

PLEASE tell me you are treating yourself to whatever you want tonight!!! You deserve it!!! So sorry about your day! Praying for you!

Heather said...

I am so sorry sweetheart! I too have had those days when nothing goes right, and then you come home to BIRTH announcements!

I feel for you and please take a virtual hug from me! I am still praying for you so much!! Hang in, God is still on the throne and tomorrow is a BRAND NEW day!

Heather said...

I am so sorry sweetheart! I too have had those days when nothing goes right, and then you come home to BIRTH announcements!

I feel for you and please take a virtual hug from me! I am still praying for you so much!! Hang in, God is still on the throne and tomorrow is a BRAND NEW day!

The Coach's Wife said...

So sorry!! I understand those bad days for sure! Hang in there! :-)

waiting and wishing said...

oh man, that sounds like a rough day! I'm sorry that it was a hard one, but there is always tomorrow... a pedicure is my cure-all!

Lisa said...

Praying for you friend...what a day! Good luck this school year...I will keep you posted on our situation.

Lisa :)

Sandra Millsap said...

Aawww...I'm sorry you had such a rough day! Praying for your recovery, your "back to school" week to be a good one, and for NO MORE birth announcements!

Take care of yourself!!

In the meantime, I'll be trusting and waiting for the day when I get YOUR announcement in the mail!

(((HUGS)))

Fabiola said...

I hope you had a wonderful Sunday to put yesterday definitely behind you!!

I send you a big virtual hug!!!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry today has been that kind of day! <3 hugs!

I hope you enjoyed that Hershey's bar! Chocolate is nessesary, that's why God created it! haha!

Take it easy & enjoy that pedicure tomorrow. Things will get better!

I know you're going to have the prettiest birth announcement!

Melissa said...

I am so sorry. I hope today was better.

Kelli & Joel said...

I am so sorry. I hope things look up for you soon. I have had a few of "those" days lately.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness lianna! i almost starting to cry just reading! i sure hope you have had better days since! this is my first visit here and i am praying for you and your hubby to have a wonderful outcome to all that you are going through! i hope your feeling better from the surgery! it was worth it! i hope you have an awesome start to an awesome new school year!

Meredith said...

I hope after a good nights rest you are doing much better today!