Saturday, February 7, 2009

While I'm Waiting...

My best friend, Tedra, sent me a text message about a week ago and told me that I HAD to hear this song...While I'm Waiting. It was played on the movie Fireproof (which I have NOT seen yet), so most of you have probably heard it already.

I finally got around to looking it up on You Tube and it just brought me to tears. Listen and watch the video below. (Don't forget to pause my music at the bottom of my blog first!)



This song really hit home with me...and I know many others that are dealing with infertility will probably agree.

It encouraged me to look up waiting in the Bible---here are a few verses that I found.
  • Isaiah 40:31 "But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles."
  • Psalm 37:7 "Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act."
  • Psalm 40: 1-2 "I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along."

We will serve Him and worship Him while we are waiting...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

this is an awesome song. and you've got to see the movie. my husband and i made a commitment to one another after we saw the movie. definitely a must see.

oh, by the way i don't live in Houston. we have a galleria in Hoover, AL.

The Coach's Wife said...

I know...I just heard about that song last week and downloaded it...it is my new theme song!

Heather said...

Great song. I think about your struggle often. I remember those days so clear. Hang in there & know there are numerous people hoping & praying for you & the DH. One of these days you WILL look back at your situation & realize the wait was worth it.

Faith said...

I love this song! It has been my theme song since the first time I heard it. Praying for you!!

Lisa said...

What a great song. I will keep praying that things work out for you.