Monday, February 2, 2009

Maxine Monday...

Mondays are when I post a Maxine cartoon and marvel in her wisdom. And because I decided to pick on my husband on my other blog, Be Thou a Knight, I thought I better use this cartoon on Maxine Monday...


Now we all know that what Maxine really meant to say was this...

"A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one."~Ephesians 5:31

Marriage...it's something that so many women anxiously await. The romantic engagement, the beautiful wedding ceremony, and the relaxing honeymoon. But most women do not look any further than this...but marriage is so much more. To me, marriage is...spending each and every day with my soul mate, the long conversations we have at night by the fire, the family gatherings outside by our pool, the little notes we leave each other in the mornings, the walks we take with our dog, the Sundays we spend worshipping God at church, creating the family that we so long to have together...I can go on and on.

We are definitely united as one and I am so privileged and honored to have found the man that I want to spend the rest of my life with.

Honey...I love you more than the world!

8 comments:

Kristy said...

Funny and sweet. =)

Lisa said...

Very fuuny! I would agree with you that I have a sweet husband too. Your chip in is doing well. I wish you the best always with everything.

Kelli Going said...

Lianna I'm so happy you have found a wonderful man to spend your life with. I only wish you were in Texas.

Heather said...

I love my hubby so much! Maxine cracks me up, too.

Meredith said...

Very nicely said!

Unknown said...

I needed to hear that word today! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'm the luckiest guy in the world! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for a beautiful site.