Monday, January 11, 2010

You've Gotta Have Faith...

Thank you so much for all the encouraging comments on my last post. Each and every comment gave me the assurance that I am going down the right path...continuing to have FAITH!


God is revealing Himself to me each and every day and I still have this peace about our journey.


Yesterday at church our Pastor discussed mediocrity and how God does NOT want us to live our lives in mediocrity-ville. He wants the VERY best for us and I know the very best is still yet to come.


Then I read Kelly's blog post this morning and I AGAIN got an overwhelming feeling of FAITH!


She encouraged all of us waiting for a child to read Hebrews 11. And although I have probably read this chapter a thousand times over the past four years, it rang even more true in my heart today.


1 "What is faith? It is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen."


6 "So, you see, it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to Him must believe that there is a God and that He rewards those who sincerely seek Him."


11 "It was by faith that Sarah together with Abraham was able to have a child, even though they were too old and Sarah was barren."


20 "It was by faith that Isaac blessed his two sons, Jacob and Esau. He had confidence in what God was going to do in the future."


39 "All of these people we have mentioned received God's approval because of their faith..."


What more assurance do I need???? You've gotta have FAITH!

2 comments:

Justinand said...

I needed to hear/read Kelly's blog post too! And your post is just another reminder. I'm so grateful to have friends that help to build me up and remind me of the awesome hope we do have in Jesus! I'm deciding to have FAITH this week!!!

Unknown said...

I needed to hear that! It's so hard to have faith in a world that tells you it's impossible...but we are called to live in the world but not be of the world. Let the challenge begin...