Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year and a New Me...

I am really going to get serious about my health and do my best to take care of my body. After all, a healthy body will in turn produce a healthy baby...right? So I've decided to get on a serious diet and excercise program. I want to feel good, be healthy, and get my body prepared for the baby we are asking God for this year.


For starters, today was my LAST day to have caffeine. I don't think caffeine is totally bad for you, unless you are abusing it...which I was :( So no more cokes for me!!! Bring on the caffeine withdrawal headache...I bought a large bottle of Tylenol this afternoon for you!!



My mother-in-love gave us a Wii for Christmas, so I am planning on getting one of the Wii fitness CD's. I have been given recommendations to purchase the Wii Fit Plus and the Wii Biggest Loser.




But, until we get one of those programs, I'll be running every morning and lifting some light weights...after I saw my arms in this picture, I knew I better take some action!!



So 2010 is not only a new year, but the start of a new me!


"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

5 comments:

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

I have a Wii and want to start getting into better shape as well... let us know how the Wii fit goes! I will probably ask for it for my birthday! And good luck with the no- caffiene... I did it when I was pregnant and you actually get used to it pretty quickly! You will be happy you did quit once you are preggos! :)

Megan said...

Good luck!! You can do it. I want to get both of those too but not sure when I will. Let me know what you think of them once you start. {I've got the WiiFit already but want to upgrade.}

Anna said...

I have Wii Biggest Loser, and I really like it. It's a good workout. I have the original Wii Fit and it's fun too but doesn't really get your heart pumping like Biggest Loser does. Good luck and keep us posted!!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Lori said...

We'll probably start another IVF cycle in March, so I'm right there with you on the no more caffeine (although I cheated the 1st, 2nd and now 3rd day of the year with a cup of coffee, darn it) and using the WiiFitPlus...John got it for me for Christmas.
Praying for more miracles this year...