Sunday, October 26, 2008

Not Seeing Eye to Eye...



I just can't seem to get out of a funk...you know what I mean? When it just seems like NOTHING is going your way, no matter how hard you try?



I've had a headache all weekend and I have NO idea where it came from. I thought maybe I needed a little caffeine to kick start my head into normalcy, but that didn't help. I took some tylenol pm Friday and Saturday night and that didn't seem to help. AND I had three extra strength tylenols this afternoon....what is the deal?



The DH and I are on different pages today...actually we've been on different BOOKS for some time now. I am leaving for four days to go to Charleston for the International Arts Network Conference and I sure hope we can get things settled before I leave...I hate arguing. To be honest, this is probably the root of my funk.



I found two verses to help me get through the day....



"Acquaint now thyself with Him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee." ~ Job 22:21



I am in need of peace in my life right now. Not only peace from this headache that is driving me nuts, but peace knowing that my funk will soon be over, and the DH and I will make up.



"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work. If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!" ~Ecclesiastes 4:9-12



This verse reminds me that even though the DH and I might not see eye to eye right now, we work better as a team. I am so thankful that we found one another and were married...with Him, we can work anything out.



Say a prayer for me (and us) today...I (we) could use it :)








8 comments:

WaitingandHoping said...

Praying for you Lianna! I know how you feel---when things in life get stressful, it seems to take a toll on the thing that matters most--our marriage. I can completely relate right now. Blessings.....

The Coach's Wife said...

Praying for you as well! I know too how hard and stressful things can get and it seems you take it out on those you love without meaning to! God is faithful and
He will bring you through the storm-in His time- but remember...He is always there with you!

Kendra said...

I hate when there is unrest in my house...it is so unsettling. Praying for peace for you my dear!!
Blessings,
kendra

Mrs Anne said...

Prayers for you and DH to have an "enlightening" moment, when you look at each other, remember what is important, and just melt back into each other.

This is all natural, and too, shall pass.

Have fun on your trip...

xo

Kelly said...

Hi there! I stumbled upon your blog and want to encourage you to not give up hope for your baby! I have been there! It's the hardest thing I have ever experienced... I was told that it was impossible to ever get pregnant... and guess what? It happened 3 times. :)I am so glad to be praying for you and am excited to watch the Lord work a miracle. Stand firm-- i am encouraged by your willingness to surrender all to Him.

Justinand said...

Praying for you!!

Candie said...

I simply admire the risk you take in sharing even the most personal and what may seem "small" concerns about life. Ohhhh if more women (and men) for that matter would share either in person (small group) or on blog....however!....how perfectly normal it is to have an imperfect marriage we might have many more couples staying together and staying together strong. Thank you for sharing. Hope something brightens your day very soon!
Candie

Heather said...

I am just now getting caught up on this blog...(sometimes I forget you have two!)
I have been here SO many times (not just with the hubby, but with the horrible HEADACHE) and I will be praying for you. I think infertility takes such a toll on a marriage. Thank goodness we have Jesus to put things right again!