Friday, October 31, 2008

50 Promises for Marriage...

I had the pleasure of eating at Hyman's Seafood Restaurant last night while in Charleston. The food and atmosphere were great! As we were leaving I thought it might be a good idea to pick up a few of their business cards in the event we decide to come back to Charleston. I was looking at the cards and realized that each card was different...one shared the Restaurant's motto, "Attitude is EVERYTHING!", Words Women Use (when their words really mean something else), Persistance, and the one that really caught my eye was 50 Promises for Marriage.



Listed below are just some of the 50 promises...




  • start each day with a kiss

  • date once a week

  • smile often

  • do what the other person wants before he or she asks

  • do it his or her way

  • compliment twice a day

  • call during the day

  • apologize

  • forgive

  • set up a romantic getaway

  • talk about your love

  • reminisce about your favorite times together

  • admit when wrong

  • pray for each other daily

  • watch sunsets together

  • say "I love you" frequently

  • end the day with a hug

Aren't these just AWESOME!!! Just think at how strong marriages would be if we all followed these promises! I am definitely going to walk the walk and do these myself.








2 comments:

Heather said...

Would love to hear all 50 promises. I'm sure I could use a little encouragement with them myself!

PS - Chip-in is looking good!!!!

Faith said...

I love Hymans, and those little lists they have are neat!