Sunday, August 31, 2008

Visiting an Old Favorite...


While I was in Houston visiting my family, I had the opportunity to visit my old church...Lakewood. I was SO looking forward to this...it has been TOO long since I've visited Lakewood and seen Joel speak. We witnessed a GREAT service...although I was VERY sad to learn that Joel and Victoria were out of town.

I did get the opportunity to hear Marcos Witt speak...and he was phenomenal. And quite hilarious too :)



I sat in awe as I looked at how beautiful and LARGE not only the actual church is, but the number of people that attend Lakewood's services. It is quite amazing and quite honest...a little unbelievable, unless you've had the opportunity to experience it yourself.

Just to give you an idea of actually how big this church is...I've researched a few facts about Lakewood Church:

Lakewood Church began in 1959 and is both the oldest of the five top congregations and largest in the nation.



The new Lakewood Church is held in the old Houston Rockets venue...the Summit or more recently, the Compaq Center.




Lakewood Church has an average attendance of over 45,000...isn't that just incredible???


All I can say is...WOW!!!

While attending church today, I had one of the prayer partners pray over me and Tedra asked her to focus on our goal of getting pregnant and becoming parents. This REALLY lifted my spirits and gave me new hope.

My main priority right now is to release my wishes to the Lord...I have a hard time letting everything go and just waiting for His time and in His way. But, like I've said over and over again...I'm a work in progress. At least I know what I need to do...I just need to do it :)


If only I could take Lakewood Church and Joel Osteen back with me to Florida...until then, I'll just continue to watch the services from TV and visit the church every time I'm in Houston.

Over all, today was just so amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

No comments: