Saturday, August 30, 2008

Fragile Clay Jars...

I am visiting my family in Houston this weekend and have had a lot of time to catch up on my "One Year Bible for Women." I have tried to read the day's scriptures each morning before I get up and go about my day. Today's selection was from 2 Corinthians 4:7-10 and was very meaningful to me. Here is what it reads...

" We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we oursleves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves. We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed, We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies."

This reminds me that the Lord is always watching over me....He doesn't desert me when I am frustrated, upset, or feeling lonely. He is always by my side and will continue to lead me toward the path He has planned for me to walk. Although at times, I do feel like the most fragile jar ever created and if I am forced to take on yet another set-back, I just might break...this verse reminds me that I CAN go on and I WILL go on, for He holds the great treasures that I so long for.


No comments: