Monday, August 25, 2008

When It Rains...

it POURS!!! I had a really rough day yesterday...the dreaded BABY shower :( Please don't get me wrong and please don't think I'm being insensitive...to tell you the truth, I think I'm TOO sensitive--especially for other people. Our cousin's son and and girlfriend are expecting a precious little baby girl in September. They had the cutest baby shower I've ever seen...every single thing was PINK (which happens to be my favorite color). But the longer I sat there and watched her open all the cute little outfits, bows, and blankets, the more it just made my heart ache. I am SO SO SO happy for them and I know how excited they are, but to be quite honest...I want that for us so bad that sometimes it just plain hurts. So, I came home, cried to the DH, let him baby me and remind me that our time IS coming and how exciting it will be WHEN it happens.

Having a yucky day yesterday, caused me to reflect on this entire year. We have been through a rough 2008...to say the least. It started out with two BFN's, back to back, which were so hard to stomach and just a blow to our family plans. The economy has taken a nose-dive and with gas prices so high, it has seriously affected the DH's business. It also seems as if EVERYTHING is happening right now and we just haven't had time to stop and breathe...wedding showers, baby showers, weddings, birthday parties, the new school year, Tropical Storm Fay, etcetera, etcetera...

All of this craziness made me sit down and think about how thankful I am for a DH that loves me and a marriage that can withstand all these rough patches. The old adage, "What doesn't kill me (us), makes me (us) stronger" surely holds true.

I heard a song called When the Rain Comes by Third Day. As I listened to the words, it really made me reflect on how much the DH and I have leaned on one another and how much we really NEED one another, especially through these rough times. Although we aren't able to stop the rain from coming...we can hold one another until it subsides.



I love you honey...and I know we'll get through 2008 AND experience many blessings in the years to come!

No comments: