Thursday, August 21, 2008

We Need a Plan...

I think the hardest thing to deal with right now is not having a PLAN!! I am a planner, always have been, and probably always will be. Because we are in a financial crunch at the moment, it's hard to even see what our next step will be.

I did find out that if I changed our insurance to the Premium plan, more of the fertility medications and procedures would be covered. So of course I did that the first chance I got. But our new insurance doesn't go into effect until October 1st. My best friend and my mom have been encouraging me to continue to do IUI's until we are able to afford another IVF. I am hoping that when the new insurance kicks in, we will be able to do a few IUI's for free. I just can't see paying $700 + for IUI's when we could save that money for an IVF. So hopefully the new insurance coverage will offer us a few free IUI's.

I have decided to start an IVF/IUI account and put a little money in this account each paycheck. I received some money back from our flex account (reimbursement for medications, doctor visits, etc.) and I think I'm going to start the fund with this money. If I put at least $100 of each paycheck, hopefully we'll save up enough to try again sooner than later.

I am honestly convinced that I may not have to have any of these procedures to get pregnant. The power of prayer is an amazing thing. I've seen so many miracles happen...when the odds were fighting against the obvious, and I really believe that if we have enough faith and prayer our hopes will be answered.


I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word. ~Psalm 130:5

No comments: