Monday, October 19, 2009

Captivated...

Photo courtesy of Yahoo



I have been captivated by the Balloon Boy story. I know that you ALL saw the news...little boy climbs in balloon, balloon takes off, balloon lands, no little boy to be found anywhere?!?!?




The entire story literally made me sick to my stomach. I was so distraught thinking that this sweet little boy could have fallen out of the balloon, afterall, the balloon traveled for 50 miles in a two hour period!




I was sick, imagining what the boy's parents must be thinking, feeling, regretting.




I soon became overwhelmed with thankfulness as the world discovered that little Falcon was simply hiding in his attic, safe and sound.





The next day I hear that the entire saga could possibly be a HOAX...a publicity stunt. After an interview on CNN, the little boy replied "You guys said we did this for the show?", my heart broke, yet again.




It is so amazing to me that a child's life could be used this way...an attempt by two parents to gain publicity or recognition for a reality show. I would NEVER put my child's well-being at stake, mishap or hoax, for my benefit.


Photo courtesy of Sky News


It just infuriates me to watch how people take advantage of their ability to have children...some of them have NO idea how blessed they truly are.

4 comments:

Marie W said...

Lianna,
This was the same family that came on Wife Swap a few years ago. I was not impressed with them then, and I was appalled at the stunt they pulled. The news said this morning that they may be facing charges - i truly hope they do.

Candi said...

its absolutely sick, isn't it??

Amy said...

I am hoping it was not a hoax, because that would be a twisted thing for the parents to do.

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for some time now and I must say that this post doesn't seem like you. This was some idiot seeking publicity. The boy wasn't ever in danger, although we all thought he was - that was the idea. The kids had nothing to do with it. The telling part of your post is the last paragraph - to say that this hoax was taking advantage of the ability to have children. Are you serious? That statement simply reeks of bitterness and resentment. There are good and bad parents everywhere but you should not put yourself in the position to judge who is and is not worthy of being a parent based on your personal situation. You have every best intention of being a pefect mom when your time comes and it seems from your writing that you will do better than most but until you get there all of the other people having children are not doing it to rub it in your face, that is just life. Do whatever you have to do to be a mom but please don't resent those who are already where you wish to be. Good luck.