Sunday, June 21, 2009

Wait...

A VERY dear friend of mine, one that I am SO lucky to work with, gave me this book on Thursday.


Let me give you a little history about our relationship and why it is so important to me...

Judy became my secretary two years ago. Originally, she did NOT want to make the move from the guidance department to admin and was very resistant in making the change. But nonetheless, she took a leap of faith and became my secretary. We work SO well together, we finish eachother's sentences, we know what the other is thinking (and this can be QUITE scary sometimes), we are sister's in Christ, and we both truly believe that God put us together for a reason. You see, Judy struggled with infertility and was unable to give birth so she chose to adopt her two sons. We talk, almost daily, about my struggles with infertility, my plans of becoming a mommy, and we pray daily together that God's plan will be revealed soon. Sometimes I feel as if Judy is living through her troubles of becoming a parent all over again...and in a way, she is. She has cried with me and for me. She gives me advice, as well as listens to me vent about my frustrations. She always prays for me and with me. But the one constant that always surfaces again and again...is her determination to help me realize that I must WAIT. That although I have this plan of how and when we will become parents, only God knows the real plan.

On Thursday night, we had dinner and tickets to see a play at the local theatre. During our dinner, Judy presented me with the book Wait: God's Encouragement for Uncertain Times. She wrote the sweetest message in the front of the book and even marked a page for me to read that she felt was very important to her.

If you haven't read this book, you MUST go and get it. It is VERY short and basically tells of how the poem Wait was created. The authors also included several Bible verses that will really speak to you about the journey of uncertainty and how allowing Him to take the lead will ease our minds.

After reading this book I have a NEW favorite verse...one that I hope and pray that I will be able to follow:

"But those that wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." ~ Isaiah 40:31

Thank you Judy for this sweet sweet gift. It really meant the world to me!

Continuing to pray that I will WAIT, knowing He will answer...

3 comments:

The Coach's Wife said...

I have that book...got it a few months ago. I really love it!!! Waiting and believing with you!!!

noahandlylasmommi said...

That is so sweet. How wonderful to have a friend that you can share that with.

Justinand said...

I have this book, too! I love it, and on those hard days, when I'm wondering "why me?" and "when, Lord?", I go back and reread it. So glad you have Judy, a friend that truly understands. Many people want to understand and help, but those who have been there are so precious. Love you, and I'm praying for you, too, even though from afar!