Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Purpose...

I received this devotional today and it spoke DIRECTLY to my heart and is exactly how I am feeling these days.

"And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
~Ephesians 5:20

God never said that all my days would be filled with sweet moments. In fact, He said in this life there will be trouble (John 16:33), so when I think that everything will always be perfect, I'm just setting myself up for disappointment. However, the wonderful thing about being a child of God is that all of our pain, lack, hurts, and troubles have a purpose. They are all connected to a greater plan, a greater lesson, and a greater testimony. I guess that's why James said to count it all joy when you encounter various trials because the testing of your faith produces perseverance (James 1:2-3). When you face adversity it's a sign that God is up to something. He's preparing you, strengthening you, and purging you for something greater.

Although we have been waiting SO long for our journey to become parents to come to fruition, I wouldn't change one single thing. Through all this pain, lack, hurt, and trouble, God has a purpose. Through this journey, He has taught me patience, perseverance, strength, and love. He has picked THE perfect baby for David and I and when he/she gets here, it will be the greatest moment of our lives.

No comments: