Saturday, January 22, 2011

Wanting It Even More...

I had a humbling experience last week at school. If you haven't read my other blog, you've got to check out this post about Challenge Day.

I was very surprised at how easy it was for me to open up about my struggles with getting pregnant and wanting a baby...whether through IVF or adoption...through the Challenge Day experience.

I heard so many of my students share their fears, their experiences (some unbelievable and tragic experiences), and their hurts. I spent the entire day just hugging students and comforting them as they shared and cried. I have to admit that I literally cried for 8 hours straight that day...I was just hurting for them and wanted to take all their pain away.

The Challenge Day experience has made me want motherhood even MORE!

Children are one of God's greatest gifts...make sure you a hug a child today and let him/her know how much you love them.  You'll never know the difference it may make in their day...or their LIFE.

1 comment:

StrongNHim said...

I will pray for a child in your life. Pray with confidence that God will hear and answer your prayers. God bless!