Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Fertility 15...

I have always been petite.

 I remember that my exact weight when I graduated was 110 pounds. That number was etched into memory because I auditioned for the dance team in junior college and we had a strict weight limit. Our dance director measured our weight, height, and body fat and gave us a specific weight-range that we needed to be to perform. I had heard of the dreaded Freshman 15 but thought it would NEVER happen to me.  Well, believe it or not, I did gain several pounds after graduating high school and recall having to lose those pounds before our dance team's first performance and it was TOUGH! But I did lose that Freshman 15 and was able to perform at all the games during college.

It has been almost 20 years since I graduated high school (which is very scary) and I do NOT weigh 110 pounds. I would say that I am a pretty healthy person...I am active, not as much as I'd like to be...and we eat pretty healthy, again, not as much as I'd like to. But the main cause of my weight fluctuation is the Fertility 15. The weight gain that accompanies fertility medications is seriously unbelievable. Especially for someone that is already petite...there is NO way of hiding these extra  pounds.

I will be so glad when all the medications and procedures are over so I can work on getting rid of the Fertility 15 and get my body back!!!

9 comments:

Heather Allen said...

I hate that. It definitely adds insult to injury. Hopefully in a few months you will be gaining 25-30 more pounds...for about 9 months. :)

Meredith said...

Exactly! After the fertility weight gain lets hope and pray you have additional weight gain due to a growing baby! Embrace it and love it you deserve it. Then afterwords you can get your body back ;0)

Heather said...

GIRL - I hear ya!! I am petite too and mine was more like the "fertility thirty" . I wish I was kidding!! I am sorry and I do know how you feel. It is the pits! I'm praying for you!

Fabiola said...

I am praying for you today. I am Catholic and today is Saint Anthony's. My grandma was really devoted to him and she passed that to all of her grandchildren (including me). So, I just lit a candle to him, praying on your behalf ; )

Traci said...

I agree with Heather. I'm not exactly sure how much I gained but I know that I'm still trying to get it off without much success!!! Good luck to you!

Katy said...

I am with you on the Fertility 15!!!!!! For me it's more like the Fertility Fifty!!! Ha! ( I haven't really gained that much it just feels like it!)

Kelly said...

You are BEAUTIFUL!

Lori said...

Yeah---I'm barely 5 ft. and 96 pounds, so ANYTHING that makes you swell (like meds that make your ovaries grow!) makes you look like you swallowed a watermelon!

It's worth it, though!!! Praying for you!

Life Happens said...

I gained more of the fertility 30!! Gotta love those meds!