We had a GREAT message today at church...Our past is OVER!
Pastor Russ shared that the past can not be reversed, revised, or revisted. So start moving forward.
He also gave us five steps on how to move forward...
- Confess and repent.
- Forgive those that have hurt you.
- Don't glory in your shame but don't be ashamed by your glory.
- Set boundaries around those that continue to hurt you.
- Rejoice every day in the glory of God.
I jotted down a few verses that spoke straight to me...
- "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."~1 John 1:9
- "See to it that no one misses the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many."~ Hebrews 12:15
- "What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?
You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor."~ Psalm 8:4-5
So I'm taking the Word and moving forward and looking forward to all the wonderful moments I have yet to experience!
If you want to see a podcast of the sermon, visit this link HERE.