Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Door Tour

Welcome to the Growing Our Own Garden's 2nd Annual Christmas Door Tour!!







I am so excited to finally share our Christmas decorated door this year. I try to have some type of theme each year...and this year, my theme is GOLD!



Our wreath...I look forward to visiting Kuhn's Florist each year to pick up one of their fresh wreaths. It's so simple and smells GREAT! This GOLD wreath holder came from Pier 1 a few years ago and I believe my wreath doesn't need any other accessory.


This bucket was silver, until I bought a can of metalic GOLD spray paint :)
See the before and after pictures HERE.



I won this stocking last year from Southern Living and it has a hint of GOLD on the toe, heel and at the top. I think it looks great stuffed full of fresh garland.


I LOVE poinsettias! There is just something about their pretty red or white leaves that seems to put me in the Christmas spirit! If you look close enough, you can see a little frost on these poinsettias. And of course, my handy dandy metallic GOLD spray paint helped turn these wicker baskets into perfect GOLDen homes for these poinsettias.

And if you put all these pieces together...you'll get our entire Christmas (GOLD inspired) decorated front door!




Now it's YOUR turn to share your door! Post about your Christmas decorated door and enter your link in the MckLinky below!

Merry Christmas!


MckLinky Blog Hop

20 comments:

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Your entry is beautiful and so inviting! You just can't beat classic gold! And a fresh wreath, too! Love the little metal stocking filled with greenery. And I don't think I have ever seen gold wicker, but wow, it really works! Everything is stunning! Please visit my holiday home when you get a chance!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Carole Burant said...

Good morning Lianna:-)

I thought I would join in on your door tour!! I just love the way you've decorated your door and entranceway, it's beautiful. I wish I had an entrance like that but unfortunately as soon as you walk out my door, it's the driveway! lol Thank you so much for hosting this, I'm looking forward to visiting the other entries. Merry Christmas:-) xox

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

LOVE your FRESH wreath...I have always wanted one...maybe next year I will treat myself to one!Your entry is sooooo PRETTY...thanks for sharing it! Hope you have a FUN day!

Blessings,
Linda

Marice said...

wow those are really lovely! :) we dont have much decors at home but on WW, u may view mine if u have time

Rue said...

Your front entry is so elegant with all the gold accents. It's always amazing to me how a little ol' can of spray paint can work such magic :)

rue

Debbie said...

I love the way you did your entry and door very festive and beautiful. Blessings, Debbie

Lisa said...

I have never thought of hanging a REAL wreath on my door. I REALLY want to do this next year. I love your gold theme...mine is the same every single year!

I sure wish my the entry way to my door was as large as yours...you have endless possiblities :)

Merry Christmas!

Lisa :)

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Everything looks perfectly wonderful to celebrate the birth of Jesus! Merry Christmas, wishing you lots of days filled with the laughter of those you love.
xoxo Lidy

Natasha in Oz said...

Your decorations look so beautiful and your entry looks inviting and elegant. I love everything!

Thanks so much for hosting this party and having me today.

Best Christmas wishes, Natasha.

Anonymous said...

How pretty! I love that 'boot'!

Anonymous said...

I'll take a photo of the wreath I made a year or so ago-copied from a catalog. I'm doing a woodland theme at my house.
I love the scent of fresh greens and will probably bring some in my house. Your entrance looks look elegant.

Dianne said...

I'll take a photo of the wreath I made a year or so again-I copied it from a catalog. I love the smell of fresh greens in the house this time of year.
Your entrance looks lovely-so elegant!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Hi! I'm just stopping in from Hooked on Houses. I'll have to go create "doorway post" and link up with you later!

Your decor looks great!

Hope to see you next week for the Holly Bloggy Christmas Bash!

Amanda - Small Home Big Start said...

Great idea spray painting the wicker baskets gold - it looks fantastic with the poinsettas.

I hope that you have a wonderful holiday.

If you get a chance, stop by my blog today and enter my children's Christmas book giveaway.
http://smallhomebigstart.blogspot.com/2009/12/gift-ideas-for-kids-gift-of-reading.html

KimMalk said...

I never thought of painting the wicker, great idea. You're right about poinsettias being just perfect for the holidays.

Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good said...

Your front porch and door look great! I love the Southern Living stocking! Merry Christmas!
norma Lee Good

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Lianna, nice to meet you! Your golden entry is beautiful, love that wreath. Thanks for coming by the party & Merry Christmas to you.

Its So Very Cheri said...

Hello Lianna,
It's great to meet you and I wanted to thank you for posting to my party but I do need to ask for you to add my button or url link to your post so others can find all the places ou posted your party. I need to go take a picture of my front door-oops haven't done that yet and I will come back and post to your party.

I love that Santa stocking that is so cute.
Cheri

Amanda Ledford said...

Girl, I love your decorations! I'm sorry I am just now posting and that I am combining the two tours. I am such a blogger slacker lately! Ha!

Jan said...

I love the stocking with the greens! Adorable! Merry Christmas!