Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Celebrity Shares...

I received my People Magazine this past weekend and I was shocked to see the cover...


Celine Dion shares are trials with IVF...four attempts to be exact!! She conceived her son, who is in 2nd grade, from her first attempt with IVF and now she is trying to give him a little brother or sister. I learned that she did become pregnant with her last IVF, but unfortunately had a miscarriage. So Celine and her husband are trying again.

It just seems so surreal to me to hear that a celebrity is having the same difficulties that a lot of us share...

If you have a minute while waiting to check out at the grocery store, take a peek at the article. It's short, but so very powerful.

Wordless Wednesday, Momma Findings, Extraordinary Mothers, 5 Minutes for Mom, Seven Clown Circus

12 comments:

Animor said...

Hmmm..sound interesting article of Celine, several women this day resort to get on just IVF, if i cant have 1, maybe get there too. I hope not. Bless Me Lord!!!

Lori said...

I also read that article, and I was so touched. I knew that she had difficulty in conceiving her first child. I don't know if you listen to her music or not, but it is powerful. You can tell in her songs that she has gone through infertility, there is one in particular that is about her son. Very emotional. My heart goes out to her, I just pray that she will be blessed with another miracle.

Anonymous said...

keep trying, Celine! =) http://www.mariposatells.com/2010/02/lucky-money-in-red-envelopes.html

Crystal said...

I hope the best for all that are trying to concieve. I will remember to ask in my prayers for your blessings.

KarieK said...

Amazing how we forget that sometimes celebrities are real people too.

Jess said...

I will have to read that! I recently read a story about Constance Marie having to do IVF for her daughter. She was playing the mom on George Lopez at the time and no one knew what she was going through. I think that the Conceive magazine website has the article.

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

One of my golfing buds had both her kids via IVF ~ They are beautiful and she says it was worth it all!!

Jennifer said...

dang. I saw her picture and the headline, but I did not see the part about fertility, or I would have read it. thanks for sharing!

Life Happens said...

I was going to blog about this too! I actually just read the article while waiting in the dr.'s office this morning. It really is nice to know that celebritie's have 'normal' people struggles too.

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

I saw this in the store today and forgot to pick up a copy, I will have to get one ASAP though!

Candi said...

if you google "celebrity ivf", you will be surprised with the amazing stories you come across. it really makes them seem so human.

Jenna said...

I didn't read it but I knew she had been struggling, and struggled with her first as well. I think there are many celebs that struggle with IF. I wish more of them would speak out about it and help educate the world on the feelings of IF'ers.