Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Needles or NO???

The DH and I are contemplating doing acupuncture with this next cycle. I have read a lot of research on the impact of having acupuncture while trying to conceive. Articles like these...




We did do acupuncture when we had our second IVF treatment and I must admit that I was EXTREMELY calm, at peace, and just absolutely RELAXED. For those of you that know me, this was a MIRACLE...I am so wired and uptight most of the time.


So my questions are...did you do acupuncture with your treatments? Have you heard anything negative with having acupuncture during treatments?
I am SERIOUSLY leaning towards trying it again, but I'm curious to see what all you readers have to say...


By the way, if you haven't stopped by my other blog...Be Thou a Knight...please check out the awesome Giveaway I have going on...deadline for entries is this Thursday!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I've always been intrigued by acupuncture, but I've never really researched it or anything. I think it's something worth considering someday if needed. what are the costs?

The Coach's Wife said...

See...I wanted to look into that as well. I didn't know how it would work being how I have to go to TX for my treatments and I know they like to do them right before and afterwards I think...so I don't know. But I think it seems to work for people. Us infertile IVF girls will try just about anything. If someone told me to stand naked in the road and run around...that I would for sure get pregnant...I would I'm afraid!!!

noahandlylasmommi said...

I havent tried it but it doesnt seem like it would hurt? Even if it just puts you in a good place mentally, it sounds worth it.

Unknown said...

I've only heard good things about it, although I never tried it, but seriously considered it. I would do it again if I were you, anything to calm you would be a good thing!

Kendra said...

I have tried it and I LOVE it!!! I feel SO calm and relaxed after. And just...centered.