Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Sweetest Words...

I have been diagnosed with colitis since I was a junior in high school. I have been taking pills after pills after pills for over twenty years now. Although I haven't had any physical symptoms of colitis in years, my colonoscopies always come back showing some inflamation and redness.

BUT, now that I have started this new medication, I am proud to say that I heard the sweetest words from my gastrointerologist today...You are completely healed. Your colon is 100%!!!!

I couldn't believe my ears...I have been waiting to hear these words for over twenty years now.

We aren't sure if my colitis has any part in our infertility, but my gastrointerologist has a feeling it does. He has seen research studies that indicate that colitis flare-ups can interfere with pregnancy. But now that I am healed, we are hoping to pursue more treatments.

Praise the Lord!!!!

13 comments:

Amy said...

Praise God! What an awesome gift and such a miracle!

rae said...

That is WONDERFUL!!

Rebecca said...

That is wonderful news!

Lauren said...

SO awesome Lianna!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hopeandarrow said...

That's awesome! What good news! I'm so happy for you :)

Jessie said...

Wonderful news!!!! I'll be praying for a more good news in the near future!:0)

Jennifer said...

Such great news!!

A friend of mine from church had ulcerative colitis and also had infertility issues. They took a year break for her colitis to heal and once it did, she quickly got pregnant with the help of fertility meds and has beautiful twin girls!!

Continuing to pray for you!

Nink said...

Such wonderful news, Lianna! Praise God!

Cassie_lu said...

God is good.

Ashley said...

Awesome! Congrats!

Arun said...

God bless you

Alia said...

Hi!
Im your NEW Follower!
I really liked your blog! Lovely posts!
Keep up the good work!

Do visit my blog too at http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

Hi Lianna, just found your inspiring blog through blogger, congratulations on the health news!! That is fantastic. It touched me because we have similar problems in my family. I'm curious what the medication is if you are comfortable sharing.

I also wanted to share an herbal fertility product that you might find useful. It worked for me. Chasteberry tincture (you can buy pills too but I don't think they're as effective). Take 30 drops 2-3 times a day. Some people think it works best taken in the early morning. It works slowly, gradually balancing your hormone levels, and if it is going to work it will work within 6-9 months. There are no guarantees in life, but I have firsthand experience with it working.