Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Stumbling...

Although I was hoping to enjoy my Spring Break last week, the news that yet again I needed to wait really got me down. I KNOW that waiting until the summer would be better and less stressful, waiting until my body has healed even more would be the ideal situation, and waiting to save yet more money for the procedure would be perfect. But that word WAIT just kept ringing in my ears. But I am trying my best to realize that this is only a STUMBLING block in this marathon that I WILL FINISH!

I read this devotional this morning and it gave me the peace that I needed...

If you're outside walking and see something that could cause you to trip and fall, maybe a rock or a stick, you probably don't make a big deal about it and just go around it. However, if you are distracted, not looking where you're going, or if it's too dark to see, that same object can become a stumbling block.
Friend, in our spiritual journey, the enemy has strategically placed all kinds of stumbling blocks in our paths. When we make the Word of God our number one priority, it helps us to move forward with our eyes wide open. His Word lights our path and helps us see clearly where to step. When we love His Word, we keep our peace and avoid stumbling. Remember that the most important thing you can do is take time to read and meditate on His Word. His Word is life and strength to your body, and it will protect and direct your every step today!

"Great peace have they who love Your law, and nothing can make them stumble" ~Psalm 119:165


Nothing will make me stumble...

3 comments:

Hopeandarrow said...

Thank you so much for this. I love the devo. I was reading in Romans this morning and this verse really spoke to me (and it's about waiting of course! haha).

"But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."

This encouraged me b/c I NEED to hope for my baby. I keep thinking "I'll have hope when I get that positive pregnancy test" "I'll have hope when we send in our adoption application." But that's not how it works. I have to have hope in what is not seen and I have to have hope now. THEN I will be able to wait patiently. It's so hard. Praying for you Lianna!

Nink said...

Waiting is the hardest thing in life, I feel. And, once you do get your positive pregnancy test or you begin the adoption process (whichever path God leads you on), there will be more waiting. We just have to put faith in His plan, for he sees and knows the future, and it seems silly of us to be anxious in our wait. I'll keep you in my prayers. And, really, a summer IVF would be so much easier for you, considering you're a V.P. at a school and will have the summer months off. :) Hang in there, friend!

Anna said...

Amen... I just read your devotional. So very true and always a great reminder as to our journey through the physical.

I am so heartened that you've highlited that you will finish and I KNOW ALL of us who have made Almighty God the head of our salvation will overcome.

I no longer worry & become anxious about the passage of time. As God did for Abraham & Sarah; Isaac & Rebekah; Jacob & Rachel; so will he do for us his children. (Looking at these people, I say we're in good company :o))
He's the same God then, as He is now.
I pray for very fast healing and a renewal of your reproductive system.

Thanks for sharing your devotional.
Anna