Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thankful Thursday (Times TEN)...




I feel so horrible because I missed last Thursday's Thankful Thursday Times Three!! So, I thought I would pay my dues and tell you about the TEN things I'm thankful for this week!



Here we go...



1. Dinner with my mother-in-love...



My mother-in-love and I went out to dinner last Tuesday night...can you say Ruth's Chris!!!! Nothing is better than a juicy steak, steamed broccoli, and sauteed mushrooms. Yum!! I was so full from eating that night, that I couldn't eat anything until dinner the next night :)



2. The holidays...



I am SO looking forward to the holidays...Thanksgiving and Christmas. My parents are driving their motorhome to see us for both holidays and I couldn't be happier. This is the longest I have gone from seeing my parents...almost 2 and half months. I know that isn't really a long time, but it seems like FOREVER to me.



3. Seeing the muscial...



My school is producing the musical Kiss Me, Kate next week. I saw the set today in the theatre and I can not wait to see our talented students put on yet another outstanding musical production.



4. Prayer...



I have been down in the dumps this past few weeks and what seems to have gotten me through it all is prayer. I had so many people leave me their favorite verse through email and through commenting on my blogs. Believe me...He really does miracles!



5. A night out on the town...



The DH and I went to the San Sebsatian Winery with his uncle and new girlfriend. I had never been there before and it was just so awesome. The winery has a bar on the rooftop with a band. The weather was just perfect and we had a great time sipping sangria and listing to the jazz band.



6. Uppercase Living...



I found this great store on-line...www.uppercaseliving.com. It is probably going to be my new addiction :( I ordered a few things for our home as well as some Christmas gifts. My family is going to be in for a real treat this year!!



7. Thanksgiving Dinner...



We are having Thanksgiving Dinner at our house this year. And it will be a FIRST! I am so nervous, but so thankful to have our family over for the greatest meal of the year.



8. Karaoke with my DH...



Yes, we are karaoke junkies!! My mother-in-love bought us a karaoke machine about four years ago and we have been addicted ever since. We used to stay up all night singing, laughing, and having a great time. We hadn't done this in quite some time, but we broke out the karaoke maching this past weekend!! Great times!!



9. My DVR...



I am so thankful to have a DVR and have the ability to tape all of the wonderful televisions shows I like to watch. I can't imagine what I did before this thing!!! I probably have a good 10 shows that I MUST watch and there is no way I could see them all without my DVR.



10. My wishing thread necklace...



I won a wishing thread necklace from Make Mine a Mojito. I finally received it yesterday and plan to wear it every single day! The key is that the necklace is on a thin thread...you should pray and think about what you desire most and when the thread finally breaks, your wish will come true.



So those are the things I am MOST thankful for this Thursday! You don't have to list 10 things, but I'd love to hear what you are most thankful for this week.

4 comments:

Laura Ann said...

You truly do have so much to be THANKFUL for. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us.

Praying for you and David and the desires of your heart.

Kendra said...

I was beginning to worry about you!! I decided today that if you did not post your Thankful Thursday by tomorrow I was gonna have to comment and check if you were still alive!!!! So glad you are ok. Sorry to hear you have been down in the dumps, but glad you have 10 things on your list today!
Know that you are in my prayers daily girl!!!!!!!
Blessings,
kendra

Kelly said...

I chekced out Upper Case Living and love it. I had already decided that I wanted to get something for our hallway and then surround it with family pictures and now I know where to get it from. Do you have picture of the wishing thread necklace? I would love to see what it looks like.

Cathy said...

Thank you sweetie...and I am thankful for you 10 times over!!!!
Love you!
Cathy